Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Tick-tock! In as little as 48 hours, a small amount of moisture in your home or business can become a serious mold infestation. Whether it starts from something as subtle as an overly-humid environment or a slow leak or something as obvious as a burst pipe or split appliance hose, a colony of mold must be dealt with promptly and professionally to prevent damage to your property. Mold can be a stubborn problem with irritating health effects that are not easy to eradicate. That’s why your trusted resource is SERVPRO of West Hartford—we have the training, protective gear and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold issue in no time.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (860) 206-6141
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of West Hartford for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of West Hartford has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of West Hartford proudly serves West Hartford and surrounding areas.